"25" is off to a roaring start! It is with mixed emotions that I enter into my "mid-twenties". As my sister affectionately reminded me, I'm now a quarter of a century. I will confess that fleeting thoughts of being "old" have crossed my mind, but I've quickly banished them before they can take root. I am still adamantly against owning a mini-van any time soon. (That would make me feel way too old!) And I'm working hard at the gym so my body looks like I'm 25 and not just a "mommy". I'm determined to stay young!
Even with this inner struggle going on, I celebrated my birthday (June 16th) with joy! The partying actually started in May with a joint birthday celebration with my sister Melanie. Matt's family took us out to dinner at Outback ("let's go Outback tonight, don't worry about tomorrow...") on Friday night and Saturday I took my birthday presents to Best Buy and purchased an Ipod Nano. I feel so cool now. Ha Actually I'm seriously enjoyed listening to my new music at the gym. I've downloaded a few podcasts as well, so I can feel like I'm learning something new.
Matt swept me off my feet on Saturday with a uber-romantic dinner at the Melting Pot in Greenville. Wow. No, seriously... WOW. The atmosphere was amazing. The food was even better. Matt looked hot, I felt sexy, and everything was just perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better night. We ended the evening with a late night viewing of Ocean's 13. Needless to say, both Matt and I were exhausted Sunday morning, but it was well worth it. And to top it off, Matt surprised with the DVD version of A&E's Pride and Prejudice. All 6 hours baby!
The celebration continued with Father's Day on Sunday. NewSpring went all out for the men and the sermon was the best. I cried through most of it. Check it out for yourself here.
June has proven to be a great month in the Alexander family. I'll post pictures soon to prove it!
Even with this inner struggle going on, I celebrated my birthday (June 16th) with joy! The partying actually started in May with a joint birthday celebration with my sister Melanie. Matt's family took us out to dinner at Outback ("let's go Outback tonight, don't worry about tomorrow...") on Friday night and Saturday I took my birthday presents to Best Buy and purchased an Ipod Nano. I feel so cool now. Ha Actually I'm seriously enjoyed listening to my new music at the gym. I've downloaded a few podcasts as well, so I can feel like I'm learning something new.
Matt swept me off my feet on Saturday with a uber-romantic dinner at the Melting Pot in Greenville. Wow. No, seriously... WOW. The atmosphere was amazing. The food was even better. Matt looked hot, I felt sexy, and everything was just perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better night. We ended the evening with a late night viewing of Ocean's 13. Needless to say, both Matt and I were exhausted Sunday morning, but it was well worth it. And to top it off, Matt surprised with the DVD version of A&E's Pride and Prejudice. All 6 hours baby!
The celebration continued with Father's Day on Sunday. NewSpring went all out for the men and the sermon was the best. I cried through most of it. Check it out for yourself here.
June has proven to be a great month in the Alexander family. I'll post pictures soon to prove it!
Comments