The Alexander household is well again. Lucas made it through with only a touch of a stomach bug. After I got him settled into bed Wednesday night, I called Matt to update him and then fell into bed exhausted. Unfortunately, the virus hit me about 30 minutes later and I was up the entire night. Thursday ranks high in one of the hardest days of mommy-hood as I was too weak to hold Lucas for more than a minute. Thankfully Lucas carried the joy for the day as he laughed while I vomited (he didn't understand, so I'll cut him some slack) and tried to wrestle with me as I collapsed on the couch. I truly believe there were angels that day helping me because somehow I survived and even managed to keep Lucas fed and in clean diapers. My in-laws stepped in that evening and gave me a chance to catch up on some sleep. Then Matt, my knight in shining armor, came home a day early (hooray) to take care of us! All in all, I'm happy we are all well and I never want to go through that again!
Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!
Comments